I hope you're all well. I haven't posted anything for a while which makes it seem like I've been absent on DA; in truth, I've been here every day checking and answering messages, I just haven't been active in the submission sense.
The reason for this is because I'm ill 85% of the time (either through actual illness or from feeling like crap) and demotivated the other 15%. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a pity post - I just don't want people thinking I've disappeared anywhere!
Moving on, I've lost interest in Fakemon design right now. There are some excellent artists in that particular field but for me personally, it's become a bit saturated so I'm taking a break from that; no doubt I'll be called back to it at some point but I want to try different things until it feels less... stale. I still have quite a few designs left I need to upload (some a higher quality than others) so I'll probably release them in a sketch dump in the near future.
There are lots of other things I want to try. I've mentioned a lot of them in the past and even posted stuff on them at one point or another, but my other projects are currently calling out to me more and I have started practising figure drawing again. I sort of have art wanderlust right now and maybe that will lead me to something new; I intend to look to other art galleries here on DA for inspiration and maybe even make a timetable to stick to so I can develop all the art areas I wish to improve in a more practical manner. Basically, I want to become better than I am now and maybe even stand a chance of working in art in a professional capacity... something I don't feel I am able to do at my current level. Flexibility is required, so it's something to work on.
I hope you'll all stick with me in this process. I don't know where I'm going or what I'm doing in the art world just yet, but I need to explore a little and see what I can find. When you're not having fun in art, you're doing it wrong and I need to find the fun again! It should be quite an adventure
What time is it?